Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Clara's First Bath


Clara's umbilical cord fell off awhile ago, but it was only today that we decided she really needed a real bath. She wasn't a fan. I think part of the problem was I followed the advice about making the water as warm as what feels comfortable on your wrist/elbow. Which to an adult or even a toddler, is cold/luke warm water. Clara seems more a fan of the warmer water. I used something that felt more comfortable to me to rinse her hair and, though the word happy would definitely be a stretch, she seemed less miserable. Joshua watched and didn't seem sure why Clara wasn't recognizing the awesome that is water playtime.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you - all the babies I knew liked warmer rather than cooler water and a warm room as well. I think the experts may have got it wrong this time.

    ReplyDelete