Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11 11:11

I'm a numbers nerd.  I'm very interested in numerical anomalies and rarities.  Because of that, today was a day that I'd been looking forward to for awhile.  I remember being in the car with my grandparents when it was 8:08 on 8/8/88, which was a close as I could get to all 8s.  After that, there was 9/9/99, and then 1/1/11, 1/11/11, and 11/1/11 earlier this year.  But there's only one date each century that can be represented by six digits of the same number, and for this century it's November 11th, 2011, which is 11/11/11.  I was especially looking forward to 11:11 today.  The best way to see it is on a digital watch, because it shows seconds, so I'd even be able to see 11:11:11.  But I couldn't find my digital watch, so I had to settle for my digital alarm clock.  Here I am marking one of only two minutes (allowing for AM and PM) of the entire century which can be represented by that many of the same digit.

Song Leader: If you're nerdy and you know it clap your hands!
Jason: (clap clap)

No comments:

Post a Comment