Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Good Day


Once a week Joshua goes to the Becks in the afternoon. Mainly I use this time to enjoy being alone because, though I love being a mom, I also love being alone and it's the thing I miss the most from my life before kids. Sometimes I have to work or run errands during this time. Today I went to the grocery store, but I still had a couple hours so I read a book. My resolution this year was to read 12 books and watch 6 movies. I have seen 5 movies so far this year so I will definitely make it to 6, but I have only read 6 books so I need to focus on that. Today I read number 7, Sarah's Key. I found some parts of the book very compelling and other parts very chick litty and I am not a chick lit fan at all. But I am glad I read it and had a very enjoyable day. The weather was wonderful so I read most of it outside, but I didn't think to get a picture of that, so here I am finishing it up inside.

1 comment:

  1. I set goals for reading books too! I recently finished Sarah's Key and agree with your assessment. I also recently read The Help and The 19th Wife. I loved The Help and would really like to see the movie! The 19th Wife was interesting and a good read.

    ReplyDelete