Saturday, April 23, 2011

Farewell, Old Bench

When we moved into our house almost eight years ago, one of the included items was a concrete bench along the pathway leading to our front door.  It's deteriorated over the years, and it started looking especially rough over the past year or two.  I think the biggest enemy to it has been the salt that I spread on the walk during the winter.  This year Meghan and I decided to buy a new bench to replace it, and I've looked around at a couple statuaries.  Turns out, that was good timing.  While mowing today, I bumped it with the mower, and the entire thing collapsed.  It supported weight well from the top, but it was evidently susceptible to force from the side.  So it has been loaded into our trash can, and I'll have to step up my search for a worthy replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment